Have you ever watched a show or a movie, read a book or graphic novel and thought, “I could do that better”? Well, you can when you write fanfiction. Let your mind go and create. Writing Fanfiction is a way to flesh out characters, create alternate worlds for them and best of all, practice and perfect your writing skills by discovering your voice. It can also be used as a tool to start building a fan base.
What you’ll learn:
- How to use known fandoms to build an audience and platform
- How to refine your writing skills within familiar and comfortable fandoms (familiar to you)
- How to use fanfic to branch out and explore POV and writing voice
- How to create your own characters within fandoms
- How to spread your writing wings by writing in a non familiar genre
When: May 7, 2017 from 2 PM – 4 PM
Where: At Writer’s Atelier (336 Grove Ave. Suite B, Winter Park, FL 32789)
*$15 discount with social media mention (workshop drops to $25)*
About the Instructor:
Laura E. Perez has been writing stories and poetry for most of her life. After a career change in 2010, she started writing fanfiction and became determined to complete her unfinished novels. Since moving to Orlando 5 years ago, she has self-published three novels and spearheaded two separate anthologies, with a third due out later this year. She is a regular presenter/instructor with OCLS and has participated in workshops and panels for the FWA conference and Indie Bookfest. She launched her own publishing company, Palmas Publishing, in 2016.